As self-service reporting and analytics tools grow in popularity, a governance model that maximizes user capabilities while maintaining desired control is crucial to the success of any Business Intelligence and Analytics strategy. An effective governance model is one that is tuned for your team’s individual business objectives and considers your organization’s unique technology ecosystem. Governance is not one size fits all.
With a deep understanding of the interplay of business goals and technical possibilities, Thorogood has developed an approach to shaping bespoke Business Intelligence and Analytics governance models that ensures users are empowered, while maintaining focus on appropriate processes, best practices, and security in accordance with an organization’s priorities.
In this webcast, Thorogood Consultant Allison Hogan shares our approach to defining an effective Business Intelligence and Analytics governance model that is tuned to the specific needs of your organization.
What we cover
- An introduction to several fundamental tenants of Business Intelligence and Analytics governance, including:
- Managing various types of content (self-service, IT certified, etc.)
- Defining security and permissions
- Technology best practices
- End user training and coaching
- Our approach to defining a governance model that starts simple and returns value quickly
- Applying this approach to a technology ecosystem using Tableau
- Tools that Tableau offers that can support your B.I. Governance strategy
Is it for you?
- Do you want to empower more users in your organization to perform data analysis, create reports & dashboards, and support other business users in your organization?
- Are you considering modifying your existing Governance model to accommodate shifting technologies or priorities within your organization?
- Do you want to know how you can utilize the full capabilities of Tableau Server to support your Business Intelligence Governance strategy?
- Are you struggling to manage several different inflight projects with different business goals and technical approaches?