- Data Management
Managing external data is challenging. Local markets want local data, different data suppliers structure their data in their own way, and it doesn’t match in-house data. So how do you deliver a global picture amidst all this fragmentation?
For many organizations, managing external data has become a huge manual collation task – one that takes so much effort that its often only done to respond to high priority ad-hoc analyses. But think of the potential for accessing this aligned data at any time, being able to respond quickly to short-term imperatives or use external data as part of your standard analytics reviews.
During this recorded we present a case study carried out for a major manufacturer to set up a data repository to collate all of their local external data, including Nielsen, Ipsos MORI and others, into a single dataset with common terminology. We show how the process was fully automated to deliver a powerful dataset of combined internal and external data, along with a golden source of product master data.
What we cover:
- Aligning disparate local sources into a single data model
- Automating processes for linking data
- Use of machine learning techniques to assist mapping data
- Developing a product master from internal and external data
Is it for you?
- Are you starting on an external data journey and looking to understand how best to manage it?
- Are you struggling to process external data in a practical timeframe?
- Are you spending too much time and resources to get the job done?
- Do you want to overcome the disconnect between internal and external data?
Master Data Management in the Cloud
Master Data Management in the Cloud (17 mins)
If you enjoyed this content and would like to refer a colleague to view it, please click below and we’ll send them an email with all the details: