Sustainability Regulatory Reporting
As COP26 drew to a close, the outcomes of the Glasgow Climate Pact were being pored over. One thing, however, was certain, enterprise organizations will continue to play a key role in driving climate action to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees above preindustrial levels.
Organizations have struggled with a myriad of sustainability standards, frameworks, and metrics. An ESG reporting standard is vital to drive understanding and comparability. At COP26, the creation of the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) was announced which is responsible for consolidating existing standards and creating consistent, comparable, high quality international sustainability reporting standards. Organizations will have to set up the right data infrastructure to report effectively in line with the new standards. The ability to bring together data from functions across the organization and harmonize external data with internal repositories will be key to enabling a holistic view and being ready for future reporting demands.
Thorogood has experience working with leading enterprise organizations to create the necessary data infrastructure to support the upcoming regulatory ESG reporting and inform their sustainability initiatives. In this recorded webcast we outline some of the things we have learned.
Sustainability Regulatory Reporting (24 mins)
What we cover:
- A brief look at what was agreed as part of the Glasgow Climate Pact at COP26
- We will explore what the new ESG regulatory reporting standards will mean for organizations
- How building data platforms with environmental and sustainability data will be key to effective ESG reporting
Is it for you:
- Are you interested to learn more about how companies will be impacted by upcoming changes in regulatory reporting?
- Are you considering or in the process of developing a sustainability data platform?
- Are you keen to understand how your sustainability data infrastructure can improve the effectiveness of your organization’s climate action?