Thorogood consultants Laura Haase and Paddy Duraiswamy show how popular data analysis tools, such as Tableau and Excel, can leverage Microsoft's powerful Analysis Services data engine to deliver robust self-service analytics. In this 45 minute recorded webcast, we demonstrate these pairings through the exploration of a complex use case common in the health insurance industry, per member per month (PMPM).
Click the image below to watch this video now.
What we cover
Data volumes are growing and entirely new streams of data are becoming available, creating a need for organizations to empower more users to engage in critical analysis. Users need to be deeply analytical, understand their data, and have access to self-service analytical tools to improve decision making and gain valuable insights. Complex calculations, such as PMPM, can create challenges in self-service environments when strictly using relational data sources. We will demonstrate how Microsoft Analysis Services can be used to centralize complicated logic and enable business users to analyze data through various front-end platforms, while maintaining a single version of the truth. We will showcase PMPM, a vital metric used within the health industry for driving strategy and assessing competition.
In this webcast, we address the following questions:
- How can Microsoft Analysis Services enable more users in your organization to create accurate ad-hoc reports?
- How does a Microsoft Analysis Services differ from typical relational data models?
- How can front-end reporting tools, such as Tableau & Excel, leverage Microsoft Analysis Services for calculating complex metrics?
Is it for you?
- Are you trying to empower users within your organization to perform managed self-service analysis?
- Are you currently struggling to accurately report complex calculations, such as PMPM in your organization?
- Do you want to know more about Microsoft Analysis Services?