- Data Lakes
With growing volumes of data and powerful cloud capabilities for data storage, processing, and analytics, modern data architectures have become a quintessential component of technology strategies. To drive business value and recognize a return on investment, there’s a need to support self-service data requirements and be responsive to change.
As enterprise organizations design their modern data architectures, often built around a data lake, a key component is how the environment will grow, adapt and provide value into the future. By considering the flexibility to ingest new data sources or update existing data assets as well as the ability to enable easy access and data consumption by users, you can build a data ecosystem that evolves and adapts to business needs.
In this recorded webcast, Thorogood consultant Ben Dunmire explores some ways to empower consumers of a data lake, design & implement with agility and responsiveness in mind and enable your organization to effectively use a data lake. By identifying common challenges, capitalizing on opportunities to integrate and build synergies and designing with future states in mind, a data lake can service a myriad of purposes as data and analytic needs evolve.
Enabling Self Service & Responsiveness for Data Lakes (27 mins)
What we cover:
Drawing from our own client experiences, we demonstrate:
- The importance of being able to fulfill self-service reporting and analytic needs with a data lake, and some strategies to help do it.
- How to balance solution flexibility and responsiveness with development guidelines and technical structures in a data lake.
- Common pain points and bottlenecks that organizations experience with data lakes, and how to mitigate those risks during solution design.
- Enlightening questions and topics to explore with business groups and stakeholders which provide valuable insights when developing a modern data platform.
Is it for you?
- Are you in the process of exploring data lake technology options to maximize the use of your organization’s data?
- Have you begun designing or implementing a modern data platform?
- Are you struggling to effectively leverage your modern data platform and looking to empower your user community?
- Is your organization interested in capturing and experimenting with a broader array of data with modern tools?