Business Intelligence & Analytics Consultant – New Graduates (Summer 2021 Start, London/Dublin)
Business Intelligence & Analytics Consulting
Join Thorogood as a graduate and experience what it is like to work in Business Intelligence and Analytics Consulting. Our people join us for our reputation, the caliber of our clients, and our partnerships with top technology companies. They stay for the challenging work, the diverse and open culture and the opportunity for continual learning.
Business Intelligence and Analytics is simpler than it sounds: it’s all about bringing together the right mix of people, data, technology, and ideas. We enable global companies to better evaluate performance and gain that crucial competitive edge. The solutions we deliver provide insight into financials, sales, sustainability, market data, social media etc. to allow our customers to find out what really makes their organization tick.
At Thorogood, we have all been working remotely since March 2020. Our aim is to move towards hybrid working once we feel it is safe, with an appropriate combination of remote and in-person.
Our UK office is in Ealing, West London. We are also setting up in Dublin to help continue servicing the EU market. Depending on how office-based working develops as we emerge from the pandemic, in-person aspects of the job, including meeting with colleagues or on-site with customers, are likely to be in and around one of these offices.
Our consultants have a strong interest in business, and the desire to help our customers succeed. They have the aptitude and motivation to master multiple technologies in a fast-moving field, as well as excellent listening, writing and presenting skills. We work in global teams to provide powerful solutions for our customers.
As well as offering a salary competitive with international technology and consulting firms, our graduate role offers the chance to work with an enviable list of FTSE 100 customers on projects of immense value to them, for example working with Unilever to help them achieve business focus in rolling out a global reporting and analytics program.
Our most successful consultants develop a well-rounded set of skills covering consulting, people management, business understanding and technology. You’ll do this through:
- Comprehensive training: You will start with our training program, in which experienced consultants will introduce you to the technologies we work with, the industries we serve and the way we develop our business.
- Building your core technology skills: We’re the kind of people who learn best by doing. You’ll be working on a team locked on to business value for the customer to develop fast, effective and high-quality technical solutions.
- Working with top clients: Thorogood works with some of the biggest and best-known companies in the world: You’ll be a part of client interactions, sometimes leading them, to make sure we’re keeping our projects on track and our clients happy.
- Developing relationships: We consider ourselves trusted advisors for our clients. We earn this trust through open communication and by delivering valued solutions.
- Working as part of a supportive project team: Your project team will be a mix of experienced and more junior consultants working together to support one another along the way.
- Become an expert yourself: In the rapidly changing world of Business Intelligence and Analytics, we look to all levels of experience for our expertise in new technologies.
“Thorogood has been a great place for the beginning of my career. I’ve had a huge variety of experiences across different industries, technologies and business functions. The Thorogood team has given me the opportunity to take on plenty of responsibility and get involved in many areas of work that interest me. This has led to me developing more in my career than I could have imagined in a graduate role.”
– Robbie, 2019 Graduate
In addition to client work, Thorogood consultants are instrumental in the running of our company. You will be involved in:
- Helping to develop business opportunities: Selling the value of what we do to our customers.
- Getting involved with our marketing events: Preparing and delivering informational events for prospective clients.
- Helping to develop our consultancy: Contributing to recruitment, training and management.
Visit www.thorogood.com/perspectives to see the areas you could be working in.
We individually select each of our consultants very carefully, and we place a great deal of value on their growth and happiness. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private health care
- Life & income protection insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Company contributory pension
- Incentive programs
As a growing organization, we are constantly looking for people who are interested in business, technology and data driven decision making to join our consulting teams.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a strong academic record in a related discipline, particularly engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, business, management or accounting / finance
- Be graduating with a bachelor’s degree
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness with:
- Working individually or as part of project teams
- Responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery
- Client focus and relationship management
- Time management and priority setting
- Data awareness and business interest
- Learning new technology
Successful candidates will be capable of and motivated by working across the entire project lifecycle as part of a global team, demonstrating strong technical aptitude, interpersonal and relationship management skills, and the drive to take on new responsibilities.
How to apply
Thorogood is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity. We welcome applications from all candidates who feel they are suited to the role, and the open culture of our company.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via email to UKGradRecruitment@thorogood.com. Successful applicants will be invited to attend an online interview and graduate assessment centre.
Please note: Thorogood will ensure that every employee is authorized to work in the country that employs them. If you are offered employment with the Company, we shall require proof of your authorization to work.