UK Graduate Opportunities - Start Summer 2020 - London
Thorogood is an independent, specialized consulting firm that works with some of the biggest and best-known companies around the world. We work with managers at all levels to help them understand their business goals in the context of the technical possibilities, then to design and develop business intelligence and analytics solutions. Together, we compete on the basis of our specialism, our people, high quality and assured delivery.
Our consultants are expected to have a strong interest in business, and excellent listening, writing and presenting skills as well as the aptitude and motivation to master multiple technologies in a fast-moving field. We work in combination with customers and colleagues (in the US, UK, India, Singapore, and Brazil) to provide effective solutions.
Visit our Perspectives page to learn more.
About the Job
Our most successful consultants develop a well-rounded set of skills around consulting and people management, business understanding and technology. You’ll do so through:
- Comprehensive training: You will start with our training program, in which experienced consultants will introduce you to the technologies we work with, the industries we serve and the way we develop our business. Crucially, we will share how we live our values. When you’ve finished, we’ll plan to have you working on a client project immediately.
- Building your core technology skills: We’re the kind of people who learn best by doing. You’ll be working on a team locked on to business value for the customer to develop fast, effective and high-quality technical solutions.
- Working with top clients: Thorogood works with some of the biggest and best-known companies in the world: You’ll be a part of client interactions, sometimes leading them, to make sure we’re keeping our projects on track and our clients happy.
- Developing relationships: We consider ourselves trusted advisors for our clients. We earn this trust through open communication and by delivering valued solutions.
- Working as part of a supportive project team: You’ll be working either from our office or traveling externally to the client’s site. Your project team will be a mix of experienced and more junior consultants working together daily to support one another along the way.
- Become an expert yourself: Our experts are not necessarily the most tenured people at Thorogood. In the rapidly changing world of Business Intelligence and Analytics, we look to all levels of experience for our expertise in new technologies.
In addition to client work, Thorogood consultants run our company. We expect you’ll be contributing here, too.
- Helping to grow your own value and our business: Interact with clients, listen to their needs and assist in business development meetings and demonstrations to help them understand their business goals in the context of what’s technically possible.
- Get involved with our educationally focused marketing events: Prepare and deliver informational events for prospective clients.
- Helping to develop our consultancy: Contributing to recruiting, training and managing.
We individually select each of our consultants very carefully, and we place a great deal of value on their growth and happiness. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- Incentive programs
- Company contributory pension
This position is based in our London office for a start date in summer 2020.
As a growing organization, we are constantly looking for people who are interested in business, technology and data-driven decision making to join our consulting teams.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Solid academic record in a related discipline, particularly engineering, computer science, mathematics, business or management
- Graduating with a bachelor’s degree
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness with:
- Working individually or as part of project teams
- Responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery
- Client focus and relationship management
- Time management and priority setting
- Data awareness and business interest
- Learning new technology
Successful candidates will be capable of and motivated by working across the entire project lifecycle as part of a globally distributed team, demonstrating strong interpersonal communications and relationship management skills. They will have the motivation to take on new responsibilities.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is Monday, March 16th, 2020.
Please note: Thorogood will ensure that every employee is authorized to work in the UK. If you are offered employment with the Company, we shall require proof of your authorization to work within the UK. Thorogood does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work within the UK on a full-time basis.