Global Head of Operations and Change – Hammersmith, London
– Permanent, full time (part-time considered)
– Salary £60k – £100k dependent on experience
The Global Head of Operations and Change will support Thorogood’s strategic initiatives and future growth ambitions by managing and implementing continual improvement of global business operations and processes.
You will lead on operational and change initiatives, for example providing strategic thought leadership and guidance in the areas of global data governance and compliance, and managing operational aspects of the business including IT and facilities. You’ll play an integral part in maintaining our culture and values by guiding our ways of working globally. You will drive the business forward in any area that is required, embracing the challenge of this ever-changing environment and implementing future focussed solutions, enabling Thorogood to continue to provide outstanding service to our customers.
You’ll need to be ahead of the curve on data governance and compliance requirements, maintaining close oversight, giving clear direction and managing implementation of these high-priority areas across the global company. You will need to be both proactive in identifying requirements, whilst also reacting quickly when issues arise.
You’ll be interacting regularly with multiple stakeholders – both internal and external – at all levels, across all of the countries in which we operate. These will include key contacts in customer and prospective customer organisations, suppliers, legal advisers and government departments. You will need the ability to influence and challenge key decision makers constructively. You will need to maintain a strong connection to the core consulting business whilst working collaboratively with Heads of our other global functions and external parties.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to drive the effectiveness of an established business and contribute to ambitious growth plans. It will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure. We’ll expect you to shape the role to meet company objectives. This is a business-critical role and can offer you unlimited potential within a growing company.
You’ll be someone who embraces a challenge – regardless of size or complexity – and views obstacles as catalysts for change and growth. Your positive attitude, creativity and initiative will enable you to move beyond the ‘here and now’ and see longer-term strategic opportunities for the business.
Your strong interpersonal skills and collaborative teamplay will help you to motivate people, get them on board and bring about change. You’ll be curious and bold enough to question and challenge continually, to improve operations and business processes.
You will have the ability to exercise sound judgement in a variety of situations enabling you to carry the confidence of others and drive the business forward. You will have the mental agility, clarity and rigour to think critically and deal with situations as they arise.
You’ll be willing to challenge the status quo, with excellent problem-solving skills. You’ll be highly motivated and practical, with strong planning and organisation and attention to detail.
You’ll have overall accountability for business critical areas which include, but are not limited to:
Global Operations and facilities
- Central oversight of operations and facilities globally, guiding country management teams.
- Taking a holistic view of our office space and work environments.
- Ensuring that all our facilities support productivity and collaboration with each other and customers.
- Ensuring that business objectives and operational culture and values are reflected in our facilities, policies, practices and ways of working globally.
Global Data Governance and Compliance
- Maintaining awareness of data security regulation (current or future) in all countries in which we operate and ensuring that we comply globally.
- Maintaining Thorogood’s ISO27001 certification and driving continuous improvement of our Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Upholding Thorogood’s GDPR compliance.
- Managing customer compliance requests, including areas such as sustainability and responsible sourcing.
- Maintaining appropriate internal business policies.
Leadership of the IT Infrastructure team
- Ensuring that Thorogood has the appropriate IT infrastructure to underpin our business activities, provide outstanding service to our customers and facilitate future business growth.
- Driving and supporting change-management initiatives.
- Leading a team of 4-5 people, providing them with clear guidance on business priorities and criticalities.
- Supporting professional development of team members.
- Overall accountability for managing the IT Infrastructure budget.
In this role it will be essential to stay ahead of any internal or external factors that may impact our business operations in all countries in which we operate, for example customer expectations, technology trends, legislation, sustainability requirements or changes in the market or operating environment. You’ll need to understand the implications for our business and lead our responses.
You’ll be responsible for developing the business case for any such strategic initiatives and investment requirements, highlighting the value to the business.
The role will require travel to all our global offices.
Qualifications and Experience
It is essential that you have:
- A minimum 2:1 degree from a top ranked university – preferably in a business/analytical subject
- Proven complex project management capability
- Confidence and agility to handle first time situations effectively
- Track record of driving and implementing change within an organisation
- Experience of managing a broad range of business activities simultaneously – and balancing priorities based on business requirements
- Experience of interacting with and influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders within all levels of the business
- Experience of building, managing and developing teams
- Aptitude for understanding policy in line with company objectives
Ideally, we’d like you to have:
- MBA or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a professional services firm
- Experience of managing company operations and facilities
- Familiarity with the IT requirements of a business
About the company and team
Thorogood is an independent, specialist Data and AI consultancy, headquartered in the UK, with offices in India, the US, Brazil, and Singapore. We work with some of the biggest and best-known companies around the world primarily in the consumer goods, pharmaceutical, and financial services sectors, companies such as Unilever, GSK and LandSec to name just a few.
We work in close collaboration with our customers to understand their business goals, and we apply our technical expertise to deliver end-to-end data and AI solutions that help them make better decisions for competitive edge. From improved efficiency and sustainability to enhanced resilience and increased profit.
We are independent, meaning we partner with many of the leading technology vendors in the Data & AI space, including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Databricks, Google Cloud, and more.
Our global presence, yet close-knit integration, allows us to serve our multinational clients wherever their needs may exist. The unique combination of our industry specialism, technology focus and expertise, global presence, independence, and commitment to customers has made us a compelling partner to our blue-chip clients over years, and, in many cases, decades.
The areas of digital transformation and AI are fast paced and huge growth markets, and Thorogood has a strong growth ambition to match that. One of our company values is ‘Readiness to Change’, as technology and business move very quickly, and each member of the firm must stay open to new ideas, new technologies and new ways of doing business.
Our people are central to our business and our culture. We provide fulfilling careers to our people by offering interesting work, a supportive culture, and the opportunity for rounded development. We are innovative, open and collaborative. We are passionate about helping our clients to achieve their business goals and are always looking for fresh minds to join us on this journey.
Thorogood is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who feel they are suited to the role and the open culture of our company.
What we are offering
Opportunity to join an established and growing business and develop your career in line with personal aspirations and business objectives.
Competitive salary of £60k – £100k dependent on experience, plus benefits.
The application process
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications – Sunday 4th February 2024