Data and Analytics Consulting Graduate Program – Philadelphia/Boston, US
Thorogood is an independent, specialized, data and analytics consulting firm that works with some of the biggest and best-known companies around the world. We have offices in London, Philadelphia, Boston, Singapore, São Paulo, and Bangalore, and we work as a global unit to service blue chip customers drawing from the consumer goods, pharmaceutical, insurance, and banking sectors, among others. Together, we compete on the basis of our specialism, our people, our independence, high quality, and our experience delivering assuredly for customers over several decades.
We help our customers leverage the latest technologies to make timely, data-driven business decisions. Our multi-skilled teams understand the critical interplay of data engineering, data science, and data visualization. We work across these areas to create business-focused, end-to-end technology solutions robust enough to meet enterprise needs. We recognize the importance of environmental sustainability, both in how we work and in the solutions we build for our clients. Our services span strategy, implementation, advanced analytics services, user empowerment, and support.
Additional information about us, our people, what we do, and some of perspectives can be found on our website here.
About the Position
Our consultants are expected to have a strong interest in business. Understanding our clients’ organizations and industries is key to identifying areas of opportunity for us to help. Similarly, consultants must have excellent listening, writing, and presenting skills, alongside the aptitude and motivation to master multiple data-focused technologies in a fast-moving field. This combination of business, people, and technical skills is essential.
Our Brazil and US entities are managed together as one Thorogood Americas in support of development of our business not only in the region, but around the world. We work with our colleagues in the US, UK, India, Singapore, and Brazil to provide effective solutions for our clients situated across the globe. The global nature of our work exposes our consultants to a variety of experiences across industries and cultures. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a distributed team is therefore imperative for the position.
Our most successful consultants develop a well-rounded set of skills in each of these areas of business, people, and technology. You’ll do so via a number of opportunities:
- Comprehensive training: During your first months at Thorogood, experienced consultants will introduce you to the technologies we work with, the industries we serve, and the ways in which we develop our business. Crucially, we will share how we live our values. When you’ve finished, we’ll plan to have you working on a client project immediately.
- Building your core technology skills: We’re the kind of people who learn best by doing. You’ll be working on a team locked onto business value for the customer to develop fast, effective, and high-quality technical solutions.
Working with top clients: Thorogood works with some of the biggest and best-known companies in the world. You’ll be a part of client interactions, sometimes leading them, to make sure we’re keeping our projects on track and delivering value to our customers.
- Developing relationships: We consider ourselves trusted advisors for our clients. We earn this trust through listening carefully, sharing the expertise we have acquired, and helping to progress the objectives within their organizations.
- Shaping future projects: We are always listening to customers to understand their objectives and needs and working with our consultants to share proposals on how we can help.
- Working as part of a supportive project team: You’ll be working from our offices, with occasional travel to client sites. Your project teams will comprise consultants across many levels of experience, working together daily to support one another along the way.
- Becoming an expert, yourself: Our subject matter experts are not necessarily the most tenured people at Thorogood. In the rapidly changing world of data and analytics, we look to all levels of experience to gain expertise in new technologies and analytical techniques.
In addition to project work, Thorogood consultants run our company. We expect you to contribute here, as well:
- Helping to grow our business: Interact with current and prospective clients, listen to their needs, and drive business development activities and discussions. Together, we’ll consider the business objectives in conjunction with the technical possibilities in order to understand the opportunities for their organizations.
- Delivering educationally focused marketing events: Prepare and present informational events for contacts at prospective and current clients.
- Fostering vendor partnerships: Help maintain and further our relationships with key vendor partners in the space including Microsoft, Databricks, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and others, whose offerings we implement for customers.
- Developing our consultancy: Contribute to recruiting, training, and managing our people.
We individually select each of our consultants very carefully through our comprehensive interview and assessment process. We place a great deal of value on consultants’ growth and wellbeing. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Very competitive salary and compensation program
- Company-sponsored health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Generous vacation allowance with incremental increases over time based on consultant tenure
- Incentive programs
- Opportunities for national and international travel
- Focus on work-life balance
Location and Timing
This position is based either in our Center City office in Philadelphia, PA, or in our Back Bay office in Boston, MA. Our consultants are expected to live in or around the city they choose to work from to be able to commute to the office as well as client offices. The expected start date is in 2024; exact dates will be determined depending on candidate graduation timing and start date availability of candidates and Thorogood team members to assist with onboarding and induction.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Strong interest in business, people, and technology
- Strong academic record in a related discipline, including engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, management, or another business and quantitative-focused field
- Bachelor’s degree with graduation between November 2023 and June 2024
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness in:
- Working individually and as part of project teams
- Maintaining responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery
- Client focus and relationship management
- Time management and priority setting
- Data awareness and business interest
- Learning new technologies
This is an entry-level position; no prior full-time employment experience is required. Please do highlight if you have studied or worked with:
- Cloud BI & Analytics technology platforms, e.g. Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, Python, R, Scala, Spark, or any other programming or statistical programming languages and frameworks
- Applied mathematics, statistics, probability, machine learning, artificial intelligence, large language models, and/or generative artificial intelligence
- Data science, data engineering, data analysis, or data visualization technologies
- Managed structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data storage, transformation, or analysis
- Integrating data solutions into web applications
Please note: Thorogood will ensure that every employee is authorized to work in the United States. If you are offered employment with the Company, we shall require proof of your authorization to work within the United States. Thorogood does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work within the United States on a full-time basis.
How to Apply
Your application must include both your cover letter and résumé showing your interest and ability to succeed in this position. In your cover letter, please specify your desired office location (Philadelphia, Boston). Please submit your application here: https://thorogood.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0vfzh?source=website