Data and AI Consultant 6-week Summer Internship – London
We are an independent consultancy specialising in Data Science, Data Engineering, and Data Visualisation. We provide business focused solutions and services to the world’s leading companies, leveraging the latest technologies to make timely, data-driven decisions.
We have offices in London, Philadelphia, Boston, Singapore, São Paulo, and Bangalore, allowing us to work as a global unit to service blue chip customers drawing from the consumer goods, pharmaceutical, insurance, and banking sectors, among others. We recognise the importance of environmental sustainability in how we work and in solutions we build for our clients. Our services span strategy, implementation, advanced analytics services, user empowerment, and support.
Additional information about us, our people, what we do, and some of perspectives can be found here.
What You’ll Do
Thorogood presents an exciting opportunity for students in the process of completing a bachelor’s degree and are passionate about the power of technology, business, and everything in-between. Our 6-week summer internship is the best chance to get a first taste of what it is like to work as a Data & AI Consultant. As well as offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to be fast-tracked into a graduate job offer, the program combines comprehensive training in the industries we serve, the way we develop our business, and the technologies we work and partner with – including Microsoft, Databricks, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud. You will have the opportunity to shadow our consultants in their varying roles and get hands-on experience with cutting-edge technology.
Who We’re Looking For
Qualified candidates must have:
- Strong academic record in a related discipline, including engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, management, or another business and quantitative-focused field.
- Bachelor’s degree graduating in 2025.
- The right to work in the country of employment.
- Strong interest in business, people, and technology.
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness in:
- Working with data and quantitative approaches.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Working individually and as part of project teams.
- Maintaining responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery.
- Client focus and relationship management.
- Time management and priority setting.
- Data awareness and business interest.
- Learning new technologies.
- Presenting and communicating ideas, particularly those that might sometimes be complicated for a non-expert to understand.
This is an internship position; no prior full-time employment experience is required. Please do highlight if you have studied or worked with:
- Cloud BI & Analytics technology platforms, e.g. Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- SQL, Python, R, Scala, Spark, or any other programming or statistical programming languages and frameworks.
- Applied mathematics, statistics, probability, machine learning, artificial intelligence, large language models, and/or generative artificial intelligence.
- Data science, data engineering, data analysis, or data visualization technologies.
- Managed structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data storage, transformation, or analysis.
- Integrating data solutions into web applications.
Location and Timing
This position is based in west London. Our consultants are expected to live in or around London, to be able to commute to the office. The expected start date is in Summer 2024.
What We Offer
We place a great deal of value on consultants’ growth and wellbeing. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Access to a global network of offices and leading industry clients.
How to Apply
Thorogood is an equal opportunities employer dedicated to inclusivity. We welcome applications from all candidates who feel they are suited to the role and the open culture of our company.