Business Intelligence & Analytics Consultant – New Graduates – São Paulo, Brazil
Thorogood is an independent, specialized, data and analytics consulting firm that works with some of the biggest and best-known companies around the world. We have offices in London, Philadelphia, Boston, Singapore, São Paulo, and Bangalore, and we work as a global unit to service blue chip customers drawing from the consumer goods, pharmaceutical, and financial services sectors, among others. Together, we compete on the basis of our specialism, our people, high quality, and assured delivery.
We help our customers leverage the latest technologies to make timely, data-driven business decisions. Our multi-skilled teams understand the critical interplay of data engineering, data science, and data visualization. We work across these areas to create business-focused, end-to-end technology solutions robust enough to meet enterprise needs. Our services span strategy, implementation, user empowerment, and support.
About the Position
Our consultants are expected to have a strong interest in business. Understanding our clients’ organizations and industries is key to identifying areas of opportunity for us to help. Similarly, consultants must have excellent listening, writing, and presenting skills, alongside the aptitude and motivation to master multiple data-focused technologies in a fast-moving field. This combination of business, people, and technical skills is essential. We work in combination with customers and colleagues in the US, UK, India, Singapore, and Brazil to provide effective solutions; the ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a distributed team is imperative.
Our most successful consultants develop a well-rounded set of skills in each of these areas of business, people, and technology. You’ll do so via a number of opportunities:
- Comprehensive training: During your first months at Thorogood, experienced consultants will introduce you to the technologies we work with, the industries we serve, and the ways in which we develop our business. Crucially, we will share how we live our values. When you’ve finished, we’ll plan to have you working on a client project immediately.
- Building your core technology skills: We’re the kind of people who learn best by doing. You’ll be working on a team locked onto business value for the customer to develop fast, effective, and high-quality technical solutions.
- Working with top clients: Thorogood works with some of the biggest and best-known companies in the world. You’ll be a part of client interactions, sometimes leading them, to make sure we’re keeping our projects on track and delivering value to our customers.
- Developing relationships: We consider ourselves trusted advisors for our clients. We earn this trust through listening carefully, sharing the expertise we have acquired, and helping to progress the objectives within their organizations.
- Shaping future projects: We are always listening to customers to understand their objectives and needs and working with our consultants to share proposals on how we can help.
- Working as part of a supportive project team: When safe (with respect to the pandemic), you’ll be working from our offices, with occasional travel externally to client sites. Your project teams will comprise consultants across many levels of experience, working together daily to support one another along the way.
- Becoming an expert, yourself: Our subject matter experts are not necessarily the most tenured people at Thorogood. In the rapidly changing world of data and analytics, we look to all levels of experience to gain expertise in new technologies and analytical techniques.
In addition to project work, Thorogood consultants run our company. We expect you to contribute here, as well:
- Helping to grow our business: Interact with current and prospective clients, listen to their needs, and drive business development activities and discussions. Together, we’ll consider the business objectives in conjunction with the technical possibilities in order to understand the opportunities for their organizations.
- Delivering educationally focused marketing events: Prepare and present informational events for contacts at prospective and current clients.
- Developing our consultancy: Contribute to recruiting, training, and managing our people.
We individually select each of our consultants very carefully through our comprehensive interview and assessment process. We place a great deal of value on consultants’ growth and wellbeing. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Very competitive salary and compensation program
- Company-sponsored health coverage
- Annual vacation allowance
- Incentive programs
- Opportunities for national and international travel (when travel becomes safe and reasonable)
- Focus on work-life balance
Location and Timing
This position is based in our São Paulo, Brazil office (located in Itaim/Vila Olímpia) with a start date between approximately April and July 2021, depending on candidate graduation timing. Due to the global pandemic, all of our consultants are working remotely, but our office will reopen when safe.
Qualified candidates must have
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese
- Strong interest in business, people, and technology
- Strong academic record in a related discipline, including engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, management, or another business and quantitative-focused field
- Bachelor’s degree with graduation between November 2020 and June 2021
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness in
- Working individually and as part of project teams
- Maintaining responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery
- Client focus and relationship management
- Time management and priority setting
- Data awareness and business interest
- Learning new technologies
This is an entry-level position; no prior full-time employment experience is required. Please do highlight if you have studied or worked with
- Cloud BI & Analytics technology platforms, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, Python, R, Scala, Spark, or any other programming or statistical programming languages and frameworks
- Applied mathematics, statistics, probability, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Data science, data engineering, or data visualization technologies
- Structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data storage, transformation, or analysis
How to Apply
Your application must include both your cover letter and résumé showing your interest and ability to succeed in this position, written entirely in English. Please submit your application here: https://thorogood.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uuo9