Brazil Experienced Opportunities - Sao Paulo
Thorogood is an independent, specialist Business Intelligence and Analytics consulting firm. We work with some of the most renowned companies in the world in the delivery of technical solutions that generate the insights to drive top- and bottom-line performance. We service these customers from our offices in the US, UK, Singapore, Brazil and India. We compete on the basis of our specialism, our people, high quality and assured delivery. Our values are very important to the way we do business and the way we engage with our customers.
The opportunity is to join our start-up operation in Sao Paulo, Brazil. We are establishing ourselves in the market and are seeking individuals with the desire and the enthusiasm to help to support the growth of the business in all areas. Engagement in interesting and challenging project work is, of course, foundational. Our field of work demands continual, close connection with the client and we encourage and support that in all our consultants at all levels in all locations. Operating as a small team, at least initially, will entail close working, with an emphasis on collaboration, co-ideation and co-creation, and a strong need to support each other. However, you can expect a reasonable amount of independent working. As such, personal responsibility, drive, and proactivity will be essential. In the early days, the management overheads will be low, but will be shared and collaborative. Growth opportunities should be boundless.
Our consultants are expected to have a strong interest in business and have excellent listening, written and presentational skills, as well as the aptitude and motivation to master multiple technologies in a fast-moving field. We typically work in globally-integrated teams leveraging capability across our different locations to deliver the most effective solutions. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a distributed team is a pre-requisite.
Our most successful consultants develop a well-rounded set of skills; consulting and people management, business understanding and technology, to name a few. Here’s a bit of what you might expect:
- Laying the foundations: You will likely start with our training program, during which experienced consultants will introduce you to the core technologies we work with (depending on prior experience), the industries we serve, and the way we develop our business. Crucially, we will share how we live our values. When you’ve finished, we’ll plan to have you working on a client project immediately.
- Building your core technology skills: We’re the kind of people who learn best by doing. You’ll be working alongside exceptional colleagues locked on to delivering fast, effective and high-quality solutions, often using a range of different technologies, that support delivery of business value.
- Working with top clients – some of the biggest and best-known companies in the world: You’ll be engaged with clients from the start. To deliver solutions of value in the space we operate, you need to understand what the business objectives are; we ensure as much focus on the business as we do technology. We need our consultants to be able to conceptualize beyond those objectives to really add value. Working closely with clients is the only way to foster it.
- Developing relationships: We set out to establish trust-based relationships with our customers, prospects and, obviously, colleagues. Our relationships are the fundamental block to building the business.
- Working as part of a supportive project team: Your project team will be a mix of experienced and more junior consultants, across geographies, working together daily, supporting one another along the way.
- Become an expert yourself: Our experts are not necessarily the most tenured people at Thorogood; in the rapidly changing world of Business Intelligence and Analytics, we look to all levels of experience for our expertise in technology. We would encourage anyone with an interest to take the lead – no one is held back from seizing an opportunity.
In addition to client work, Thorogood consultants run the company. We expect that you’ll be contributing here as well.
- Growing your own value and our business: Interact with clients, listen to their needs, and assist with business development meetings and demonstrations to help them understand their business goals in the context of what’s technically possible.
- Developing our consultancy: Contribute to recruitment, training, and the management and culture of the business.
- Getting involved with our educational marketing events: Prepare and deliver informational marketing events for our clients and prospective clients.
We select each one of our consultants very carefully, and we place a great deal of value on their growth and happiness. In addition to a challenging and rewarding career path, Thorogood offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive company health and dental insurance
- Incentive programs
- Opportunities to travel
- Focus on work-life balance
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for proactive individuals who are interested in business, technology, and data-driven decision making to join our consulting teams.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Solid academic record in a related discipline; particularly engineering, computer science, mathematics, business or management.
- 1-4 years of work experience. Previous experience working as a consultant in the field of BI, analytics, or data science. Experience in one or more of our target industries of consumer goods, financial services, pharmaceuticals, and insurance is welcome but not essential.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, Spanish is desirable but not essential.
Candidates must demonstrate effectiveness in:
- Working individually or as a part of a project team
- Responsibility and accountability for quality and work delivery
- Client focus and relationship management
- Time management and priority setting
- Data awareness and business interest
- Learning new technology
Successful candidates will be capable of, and motivated by, working across the entire project lifecycle as part of a globally distributed team, demonstrating strong communication and relationship management skills. They will have the keenness to take on new responsibilities, and the desire to help lead the development of a new practice.
Please also highlight if you have any experience with:
- Cloud BI & Analytics technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- R, Python, or other statistical languages/software.
- Microsoft BI – SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
- Amazon Redshift
- SAP BO/WEBI
Please note: Thorogood will ensure that every employee is authorized to work in Brazil. If you are offered employment with the Company, we shall require proof of your authorization to work within Brazil. Thorogood does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work within Brazil on a full-time basis. The assessment process will be conducted in English.
How to apply