Watch this recorded webcast on Microsoft's Power BI which was released on 24 July. It features an online collaboration and dashboard service together with a brand new desktop authoring and BI tool, Power BI Desktop. It is also designed to work seamlessly with Excel.
Features announced include Team Collaboration capability, the ability to view full-fidelity Excel reports within the Power BI service, new vizualizations and formatting options and the ability for the Power BI Desktop tool to connect directly to your Analysis Services cubes.
As well as looking at the technology, we consider how Power BI fits into your existing Microsoft BI landscape through its ability to leverage on-premise data investments.
What we cover
We showcase the functionality of Power BI and the new options it offers both within Excel and the new Desktop tool. We demonstrate how an online Power BI dashboard can integrate with an organization’s existing data investments. The session includeds presentations and demonstrations on the following topics:
- What is Power BI? We explore the tools included in the suite and explain what each one means to an end user.
- Personal Dashboards: We demonstrate how to use the newest features in Power BI to easily personalize your experience.
Is it for you?
- Do you find yourself unable to recognize insights in data quickly or efficiently?
- Are you an Excel user looking for new ways to visualize and consume data?
- Are you looking to evangelize the latest Microsoft BI technology within your organization?
If so, this webcast will provide valuable information on how Power BI can offer a modern and personalized data experience.