In 2015 Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella laid out their ‘mobile first, cloud first’ strategy, and with it the company accelerated the release cycle of new capabilities such as their flagship business intelligence service, Power BI.
This rapid release cycle combined with an evolving technology landscape that includes cloud and mobile offerings represents an evolution from traditional on-premises Microsoft platform offerings. Many corporations have invested in products on the Microsoft platform that can be combined with these new offerings to increase their competitiveness in the current and future marketplace.
Thorogood has been helping companies plan for and adopt this new portfolio of applications and services as and when it makes sense for each of their businesses.
Click the image below to watch this video now.
What we cover:
In this webcast recorded in January 2016, we demonstrate the new Microsoft technologies and show you that they are not mutually exclusive. Microsoft's Cloud-based capabilities and their traditional enterprise products can be used together to create a modern, agile business intelligence and analytics platform.
- We show how Power BI, one of the rapidly evolving new technologies, and Excel 2016 have significantly increased the potential for self-service data visualization.
- We explore how the data modelling capabilities of the self-service and enterprise tools, including SQL Server, rapidly respond to the ever-changing information needs of an organization.
- We explore how the cloud and on-premises worlds can be brought together for a class-leading hybrid architecture.
- We demonstrate how Microsoft has made advances in the mobile world including Power BI and Datazen.
- We share knowledge about the next wave of enterprise business intelligence and analytic tools in SQL Server 2016, Office 2016, and SharePoint 2016.
- We share insights derived from helping our clients to define their own roadmaps for Microsoft BI. These include scenarios for the future evolution of Microsoft’s strategy.
Is it for you?
- Do you want to know more about the new tools and services being delivered by Microsoft?
- Are your users demanding access to new data faster than your current BI architecture can deliver it?
- Are you unsure how to incorporate cloud services into your Microsoft BI architecture?
- Do you have use cases for analytics that cannot be met by your existing tools?